- Minimum 15+ years’ experience within family office, family owned business, wealth management/financial planning firm, public accounting firm or other relevant experience working with UHNW clients
- Bachelor’s degree; related Master’s degree preferred; CPA highly preferred; other professional designations recommended (CFP, CFA, JD, etc.).
- Ability to independently create, analyze and review financial documents, including income statements, balance sheets and tax returns
- Strong proficiency in general ledger accounting and related software systems and advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience with an investment portfolio data aggregation and reporting platform preferred (e.g., Addepar, Black Diamond, PCR)
- Comfortable navigation of the entities typically used for planning purposes, including Partnerships, Trusts, Limited Liability Corporations, C & S Corporations, etc.
- Ability to analyze and provide solutions relative to income, gift and estate tax planning
- Highly developed soft skills necessary to work intimately with families on highly sensitive, complex and confidential matters
Location: Seattle, WA
Our client is seeking a Managing Director, CFO Services based in Seattle, WA. This position is for a multi-family office that exclusively serves family office/UHNW clients with average assets of $300MM+.
The Managing Director, CFO Services (MDCFOS) serves as the clients’ chief family financial officer and manages client business, family office and personal financial data. He or she will be responsible for a critical discipline as a member of a dynamic team that offers a holistic wealth management/family office platform delivery. The MDCFOS will provide comprehensive financial management and planning services including: financial organization and oversight, risk management, customized net worth and cash flow reporting, information management, and tax reporting coordination.
The MDCFOS is part of a multidisciplinary team with each team member having a separate and distinct area of expertise, working together collaboratively to customize solutions for their clients. They have a unique, sophisticated business model for the UHNW market segment that is nationally recognized. Candidates must be a natural fit in a highly collaborative, collegial environment that is dedicated to impeccable client delivery.
The MDCFOS shares responsibility for growing the UHNW family office practice in the Seattle Region/Pacific NW. It is imperative that the MDCFOS has strong communication and relationship management skills and will actively contribute to new client business development. The MDCFOS is part of a national team discipline and will be looked to for thought leadership in building the CFO Services practice area with national team peers.
A CPA is highly recommended and the ideal candidate will have prior accounting and CFO experience within a family-owned business, or a family office, or worked with clients who fit that profile. The ideal candidate will have knowledge/experience with income tax planning and compliance for UHNW individuals, trusts, closely-held businesses, and pass-through entities. He or she should possess general knowledge of estate/gift planning, estate reduction/wealth transfer strategies, and charitable planning strategies. Most of all, the successful candidate will bring the experience and soft skills necessary to succeed as a trusted advisor to UHNW individuals and will have an established track record of similar accomplishments.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information for qualified candidates, please call Buzz Bray at (206) 402-3401. Inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.
Location: Southern CA (La Jolla, CA)
Our client is seeking a Managing Director of Private Banking based in La Jolla, CA. This is the lead private banker for a group that works exclusively with select family office clients. This firm will consider relocating the right candidate for this opportunity.
The Managing Director of Private Banking (MDPB) will be part of a multi-disciplinary team exclusively serving family office clients ($300MM+ average investible assets). The MDPB will be the senior regional banker for San Diego and Southern California (including Los Angeles and Orange County) on the team and leader for all areas related to banking for their family office clients including: lending, cash management, banking products, and services. This is a sophisticated, client-focused role and the MDPB will be the regional expert and authority for banking services for this UHNW client group.
It is imperative that the MDPB has a strong credit acumen and he or she must have comprehensive knowledge of structuring deals and will ultimately approve the underwriting content. Applicants with a UHNW, or commercial, or corporate banking background is required. They should have experience with a wide range of lending solutions including: secured and unsecured loans, lines of credit, lending of $10MM+ (investments, purchase of aircraft, fine art, etc.). The MDPB must have excellent relationship management skills and the ability to work with the team in bringing in new clients through business development efforts.
This group offers a collegial and highly-collaborative culture focused on customized holistic solutions for their family office clients and next generations. The MDPB will provide clients a strategic and comprehensive approach to wealth management with a state-of-the-industry UHNW advisory platform that includes banking, multi-generational and succession planning, family dynamics offerings including education, psychologists, and family historians, open architecture investment management, trust and estate services, technology, etc.
- 10+ years of prior experience in private, commercial, or corporate banking
- BA/BS Degree (minimum)
- Credit/underwriting experience, secured and unsecured loans
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Broad knowledge of all facets of wealth management, experience with UHNW
- Solid business development skills
To apply, please submit your resume in a downloadable format to email@example.com. For more information for qualified candidates, please contact Buzz Bray at (206) 402-3401. All inquiries and applications will be held in the strictest of confidence.