- Minimum of 10+ years experience in a consultative investment role with demonstrated success in managing relationships with and delivering advice to ultra-affluent clients, business leaders and/or large institutional investors.
- Investment advisory experience should include all aspects of the investment management process including objective setting, asset allocation and investment policy, strategy, implementation, and on-going monitoring and evaluation delivered within a multidisciplinary team-based approach
- Experience in managing relationships with sophisticated and demanding individuals and/or fiduciaries with complex needs
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to business development
- Bachelor’s degree required; CFA designation and/or CAIA required.
Managing Director of Investment Consulting
Location: Southern CA (La Jolla, CA)
Our client is seeking a Managing Director of Investment Consulting (MDIC) for their office in La Jolla, CA. This person will be the regional investment strategist of a multidisciplinary team that works with family office clients, with average net worth over $300MM. This firm will consider relocating the right candidate for this opportunity.
An individual with a successful and visible background in consultative investment management along with an entrepreneurial spirit, to be part of the “early stage” team for the San Diego and Southern California region, including Los Angeles and Orange County. This national firm is one of the fastest growing and widely respected in the family office industry. Their executive leadership, strategy, vision, and commitment to UHNW wealth advisory makes this a unique and rare business model. The regional team consists of other senior consultants in disciplines such as legacy and multi-generational planning, governance, education, philanthropy, financial management, technology and reporting. This is a highly collaborative work culture, and cultural fit is as important as investment qualifications and a slogan commonly used within this firm to describe their culture is “confidence, not arrogance”.
The MDIC must have extensive background in investment management and advisory with UHNW client families and/or institutional investors (foundations, endowments, etc.). It is crucial that the MDIC has a background as a consultative investment advisor managing UHNW or institutional client relationships. Fluency with alternative investments is preferred and familiarity and experience with theme and impact investing is a plus. The MDIC will implement, monitor and maintain investment philosophy for an open-architecture environment including the development of the family investment policy, asset allocation, ongoing performance monitoring and evaluation, and will have extensive face-to-face interactions with UHNW clients.
Experience and Requirements:
For confidential consideration please forward your resume to email@example.com. Candidates who meet the above criteria may call Buzz Bray for a confidential discussion at 206-402-3401.