- Minimum 15+ years’ experience within family office, family owned business, wealth management/financial planning firm, public accounting firm or other relevant experience working with UHNW clients
- Bachelor’s degree; related Master’s degree preferred; CPA highly preferred; other professional designations recommended (CFP, CFA, JD, etc.).
- Ability to independently create, analyze and review financial documents, including income statements, balance sheets and tax returns
- Strong proficiency in general ledger accounting and related software systems and advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience with an investment portfolio data aggregation and reporting platform preferred (e.g., Addepar, Black Diamond, PCR)
- Comfortable navigation of the entities typically used for planning purposes, including Partnerships, Trusts, Limited Liability Corporations, C & S Corporations, etc.
- Ability to analyze and provide solutions relative to income, gift and estate tax planning
- Highly developed soft skills necessary to work intimately with families on highly sensitive, complex and confidential matters
>>Managing Director, CFO Services for Family Office Clients
Location: Seattle, WA
Our client is seeking a Managing Director, CFO Services based in Seattle, WA. This position is for a multi-family office that exclusively serves family office/UHNW clients with average assets of $300MM+.
The Managing Director, CFO Services (MDCFOS) serves as the clients’ chief family financial officer and manages client business, family office and personal financial data. He or she will be responsible for a critical discipline as a member of a dynamic team that offers a holistic wealth management/family office platform delivery. The MDCFOS will provide comprehensive financial management and planning services including: financial organization and oversight, risk management, customized net worth and cash flow reporting, information management, and tax reporting coordination.
The MDCFOS is part of a multidisciplinary team with each team member having a separate and distinct area of expertise, working together collaboratively to customize solutions for their clients. They have a unique, sophisticated business model for the UHNW market segment that is nationally recognized. Candidates must be a natural fit in a highly collaborative, collegial environment that is dedicated to impeccable client delivery.
The MDCFOS shares responsibility for growing the UHNW family office practice in the Seattle Region/Pacific NW. It is imperative that the MDCFOS has strong communication and relationship management skills and will actively contribute to new client business development. The MDCFOS is part of a national team discipline and will be looked to for thought leadership in building the CFO Services practice area with national team peers.
A CPA is highly recommended and the ideal candidate will have prior accounting and CFO experience within a family-owned business, or a family office, or worked with clients who fit that profile. The ideal candidate will have knowledge/experience with income tax planning and compliance for UHNW individuals, trusts, closely-held businesses, and pass-through entities. He or she should possess general knowledge of estate/gift planning, estate reduction/wealth transfer strategies, and charitable planning strategies. Most of all, the successful candidate will bring the experience and soft skills necessary to succeed as a trusted advisor to UHNW individuals and will have an established track record of similar accomplishments.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information for qualified candidates, please call Buzz Bray at (206) 402-3401. Inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.